Share This On:
As the hours grow close to the grand finale of the Miss Universe 2017 competition, Saint Lucia’s representative for the event, Louise Victor, has vowed to give it her all.
Victor will go head to head with representatives from various countries in the finale showdown of the three-week competition in Las Vegas on November 26, 2017. The event will be aired on FOX.
Victor told DBS Television that she is humbled and grateful for the opportunity to participate and called for more prayers and votes.
“I’m really, really humbled and grateful for it and it’s given me a new type of strength to continue on with this week as we get ready for the grand finale on Sunday. The more prayers [and] the more votes the better, but I’ll definitely be giving it my very, very all,” he said.
“This has been unlike any other pageant experience or any other life experience. The level of organization and intensity here doesn’t compare to anything. Everything is very structured, very timely, very organised, and the only time you get to rest is when you’re done…” Victor said.
Since November 20, St. Lucians have been voting for Victor via the website Vote.MissUniverse.com and Twitter. This will continue until Saturday, November 25, the day before the telecast.
One can vote 10 times in a day, with an additional vote during the broadcast for each round of the competition. The voting windows will happen during the actual competition, so St. Lucians are being asked to stay tuned to the show.
Individual can also vote through Twitter using #MissUniverse and #Country Retweets count.
It has been 40 years since St. Lucia first participated in the Miss Universe Pageant. Iva Lua Mends represented Saint Lucia in Santo Domingo in 1977. Saint Lucia has been represented at Miss Universe a total of six times.
Victor is a past president of the National Youth Council and a national Carnival Queen. She is also a social activist and a 2017 Chevening scholar, pursuing studies in international public relations and global communications management at Cardiff University in Wales.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM