Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is proud to be associated with the second annual Mercury Fest slated for July 20, 2019.
The ultimate beach party produced by Epic Events is one of the most anticipated highlights of the summer.
Jamaican reggae and dancehall artistes Wayne Wonder and Kranium will headline the event along with local performances by Dennery Segment Megastars — Black Boy, Cooyah and Umpa. A Caribbean cultural mix of music will be infused by top deejays from Saint Lucia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Trinidad and Tobago and St. Marten.
The event has piqued the interest of numerous visitors and owners of vessels with Mercury-installed engines, especially from the Caribbean market, who will drop anchor at the Pigeon Island Beach to be a part of the event.
Marketing Manager for Caribbean and Events at the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority, Christopher Gustave, said: “Last year the event welcomed foreign nationals from Martinique, France, the United States, Trinidad, Dominica, Guadeloupe, the UK, El Salvador and the Dominican Republic, and we look forward to welcoming all the visitors who will grace our shores during the action-packed weekend.”
This year, the event promises lots of excitement with numerous additions including cabanas on the water, an expanded foam pit with beach toys, and a bikini boxing gym.
“Mercury Fest is proving to be an ultimate experience that has exposed its true potential as a major visitor attraction. With hoteliers, taxi and tour operators as well as vendors who directly benefit from the economic activity of this event eagerly awaiting its staging, we anticipate that this mega event will continue to progress as a global attraction, placing even more spotlight on Saint Lucia as the events capital of the Caribbean,” said Tourism Minister Dominic Fedee.
Tickets to the second annual Mercury Fest are priced at EC $150.00, and can be purchased online at www.eventbride.com; www.islandetickets.com; www.dealsdesiles.com; and locally at Sixt Car Rental at the IGY Rodney Bay Marina and The Cell outlets in Castries and at Bay Walk Mall.
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM