Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Since its opening in August 2015, St. Lucia’s newest attraction, Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach has garnered rave reviews from thousands of locals and visitors alike.
The obstacle course style, inflatable, open water sports park, the first and largest of its kind in the Caribbean has been described by patrons as nonstop fun for kids and a fun, challenging and active workout for adults.
Comparisons have been drawn to reality TV shows such as “Total Wipeout” and “American Ninja Warrior”. It therefore made all the sense on the world when the park’s Managing Director and founder Mrs. Julianna Ward-Destang announced the opening of registration for St. Lucia’s very own Ninja Warrior Contest at Splash Island Water Park.
The team-based competition is open to adults (18 and over) and is being sponsored by Monster Energy Drink and Blue Waters.
Teams of 4 or more are encouraged to register by October 30, 2015 to take part in three challenges that will determine once and for all who is truly St. Lucia’s Ultimate Ninja Warrior!
• Five-a-side water volleyball tournament – a first of its kind in St. Lucia that puts a new spin on beach volleyball. Teams of 5 will participate in a series of 15 minute games that will challenge your volleyball skills and balance
• Relays – it’s not about speed, it’s all about teamwork. Prizes will be provided to the three (3) teams who complete the obstacle course in the fastest time
• Time trials – the grand finale of the contest will be a “mano a mano” race against the clock to see who can complete the obstacle course in the fastest possible time. The route will consist of a Reduit Beach sprint, a quick swim to the water park entrance followed by the obstacle course challenge to determine St. Lucia’s first Ninja Warrior Champion!
Points will also be accumulated from the team based competitions and the time trials to determine the best overall team.
The competition will take place from 10am to 1pm on Saturday November 14, 2015 at Splash Island Water Park St. Lucia on Reduit Beach, near Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa. The announcement of this contest on Facebook has created a significant amount of buzz and excitement among the water park’s 22,000+ fans with several teams and companies expressing a keen interest.
Teams of 4 or more are therefore encouraged to register and pay the registration fees which are just $50 EC per person for St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association (SLHTA) members and $60 EC per person for non-SLHTA members before the October 30, 2015 deadline to secure a spot in this exciting event.
The park’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/stluciawaterpark) is the place to be to get the most recent updates on the competition and to get a sneak peak at the actual route for the time trial course through the eyes of one of the park’s lifeguards who completed the course with a Go-Pro camera attached to his body. This exciting video has already been viewed over 35,000 times and counting and is a must see for potential contestants!
For more information and details on the contest, prizes on offer and how to register visit http://www.stluciawaterpark.com/contests/ or call Splash Island Water Park St. Lucia at 457-8532.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Solidarity gathering to mark swift conclusion of negotiations December 11, 2019
- SNL gifts lucky player with SUV this Christmas December 10, 2019
- OECS announces inaugural Sustainable Development Movement December 9, 2019
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019
- The Competitiveness Agenda for St. Lucia in its final stage December 9, 2019
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019