Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Between July 3-5, 2019, IMPACT Justice, a project funded by the Government of Canada under a Contribution Agreement with the UWI, Cave Hill Campus, sponsored a workshop on the preparation of drafting instructions by senior civil servants entitled “Sound Policy for Better Law” in partnership with the Attorney General’s Chambers.
The Hon. Attorney General Stephen Julien was unable to attend the opening session but visited later on the morning of July 4 to thank the Government of Canada and to welcome IMPACT Justice officers and the facilitators who were Dr. Eileen Boxill, Q.C, C.D. of Jamaica, Ian Macintyre, S.C. of Trinidad and Tobago and Ms. Nadine Wilkins, Deputy Chief Director of the Law Reform Division, Ministry of Justice, Jamaica. He then thanked IMPACT Justice for making the event possible.
The Hon. Attorney General stated that the Cabinet of Saint Lucia recognized that there was no continuity of training for the middle and upper management of the public service in Saint Lucia, and as such the workshop served an important purpose. He noted that once the Government of Saint Lucia identifies further training opportunities for the public service, it will work to take advantage of them. He stated that he was looking forward to reading the report on the workshop, and hoped that this was the first of many collaborations between IMPACT Justice and the Government of St. Lucia.
IMPACT Justice’s ultimate goal is to improve access to justice in the region for vulnerable groups, inclusive of women, men, girls, and boys. This workshop was held as IMPACT Justice continues to work with regional governments to strengthen institutional capacity.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM