Share This On:
Four young men from Sea Jays Legends Swim Club took part in the Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad & Tobago’s Invitational Championships, hosted by Marlins Swim Club over the weekend.
Out of 31 participating clubs, the four Saint Lucian lads placed tenth. Two of them were key members of the island’s triumphant team at the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Swimming Championships last month.
Terrell Monplaisir continues to burnish his reputation. He was fourth overall in the boys’ category. Teammates Jamarr Archibald and Jayhan Odlum-Smith were sixth and seventh. Cavaari Taylor was the fourth member of the team, which returned home on Monday with a total of 15 medals.
Home team Tidal Wave Aquatics were runaway winners. The meet included swimmers from the USA, Jamaica, Barbados and St Vincent & the Grenadines. Cobras and Sharks from Saint Lucia also competed.
The meet ran from Thursday to Sunday in Marlins’ 50-metre pool at St Antony’s College Grounds in Westmooring, Diego Martin.
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors
- CPL: St Lucia Zouks retain six players from 2019 squad
- Daren Sammy excited having Chris Gayle with St. Lucia Zouks despite controversy
- Cricket: Women’s and ‘A’ Team Series in the Caribbean postponed
- St Lucia Zouks name the Caribbean players they will retain this season
- Chris Gayle to be penalised for his public outbursts against Tallawahs, Ramnaresh Sarwan
- CWI boss expects Chris Gayle to be punished