Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Following intense pitch training and a packed program, six startups qualified to participate in the final battle of the 2019 Get In The Ring St Lucia Competition at the Caribbean Cinemas on March 28, 2019.
Mr. Gilland Avril of Ngage and Caleb Jallim of Fleek It started off the battles, with Amy Antoine of T&A Household Décor battling Martin Hanna of Penny Pinch, and in the third battle, Sherman Sidonie of Saveur St Lucia squaring off with Vernon Jean of Easy Click Solutions.
After a night of tough competition, the top three finalists were Gilland Avril of Ngage, Sherman Sidonie of Saveur St Lucia and Martin Hanna of Penny Pinch.
Gilland Avril, the creator of an augmented reality app called Peek-a-boo, emerged winner of the 2019 GET IN THE RING St. Lucia leg and will now represent St. Lucia at the Global Meet-up in Berlin, Germany this June.
“Get in the Ring” is a global startup pitching competition that challenges teams from around the world in a fast-paced match, held in a boxing ring.
The competition specifically targets start-ups (0-8 years) that are scale-able and innovative and is poised to be staged as a made-for-TV production, showcasing the talent and economic viability of the participants.
No cash prize will be given to participants however the winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to Berlin in June 2019 for the Global Meet-up.
The Get in the Ring Foundation is an organization that gives startups a fun and global podium to make valuable connections to start, grow and scale up their business. The event is known for its innovative format where startups literally face off in a boxing ring.
A battle between two startups consists of five 30-second rounds about the team, achievements, business model and market, financials and proposition, and freestyle.
The Get In Ring St. Lucia seeks to focus on the holistic development of entrepreneurs and as such compiled an intense yet impactful program for participants.
Host organization, the St Lucia Chamber of Commerce, expresses its gratitude to the mentors, adjudicators, partners, agencies and volunteers who provided support to the 2019 Get In The Ring St Lucia Competition.
We continue to seek support and invite you to partner with this annual global pitching event by calling 452-3165 or email [email protected]
For a comprehensive Get In The Ring St Lucia Facebook page for photos and updates.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM