Share This On:
A St. Lucian man along with two other Caribbean nationals were detained by Dutch authorities in St. Maarten after being suspected of being involved in human smuggling.
The men were captured after Dutch coast guard vessels spotted them in a boat in Dutch waters.
The men were accompanied by at least 11 Cubans whom they are suspected of attempting to smuggle to the US Virgin Islands.
The other men were of Montserratian and Antiguan origin.
The men have not been charged as yet as Dutch police is still investigating.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM