Share This On:
A deportation application against a St. Lucian woman charged in connection with fraudulent activities in Grenada has been dismissed by that country’s court system, according to media reports.
On Wednesday, a Grenada Magistrate’s Court ruled against deporting 22-year-old Kishael Conchon, who was arrested during a police operation on March 13, 2017, after a quantity of fake ATM cards, MoneyGram and Western Union transfer receipts, along with other items, were found in her possession.
Conchon, who reportedly resides in Grand Anse, St. George’s, Grenada, was charged with three counts of money laundering, two counts of attempt to commit a crime, to wit fraud by false pretense and one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.
Her attorney Derick Sylvester told GBN Television in Grenada on Thursday that Conchon had pleaded guilty to three charges: fraud by false pretense, conspiracy to commit an offense and attempt to commit an offense.
Sylvester said each fined totalled $10,000, which she paid.
He went on to explain that the application for deportation against his client failed because it did not meet the requirements of section 4 (1) of the Immigration Act.
In the video below, Sylvester spoke to GBN about the grounds for the ruling.
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM