Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia once again made history at the University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) Trinidad campus Saturday night!
The Saint Lucian contingent of the school’s campus claimed the vast majority of the awards at the annual International Student Week Award Ceremony.
Saint Lucians are no strangers to excellence at USC. In fact, the Lucian club are perennial winners of various competitions held on campus. However, this year was something special.
The club, led by President Mckern Auguste, walked away with a whopping eight awards on the night, clean-sweeping the five prestige awards and also walking away with three individual pageant awards.
Awards for the night included: Mr and Ms Culture USC, Jean Neal Lima and Letia Alexander, both hailing from the community of Baboneau; ISW Booth Display Trophy, ISW Cultural Culinary Trophy and the big one, the overall Cultural Challenge Trophy.
Altogether, the week of activities was a resounding success. We have a lot to be proud of, as our nation’s people continue to showcase their talents to international community, par excellence.
The writer of this article, Quinn St. Juste, serves as the editor for the Channel Magazine on campus as well as the male secretary for the St. Lucian Association USC
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM