Share This On:
(SNO) – A St. Lucian is one of two men who carried out a robbery in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands (BVI) over the weekend, police said.
The St. Lucian has been identified 42-year-old Neil St. Rose who lives on Virgin Gorda while his co-accused is 44-year-old Richard Creque of North Sound, Virgin Gorda, police said.
St. Rose has been charged with possession of illegal firearm and criminal damage while Creque is charged with robbery and possession of an illegal firearm with intent to injure.
The Royal Virgin Islands Police Force said in a news release that St. Rose and Creque were entering a vehicle outside a bar in Virgin Gorda on Saturday night, May 26, 2018 when a firearm allegedly fell from Creque’s pocket.
It is further stated that a patron subsequently picked up the weapon and placed it in his pocket. However, police said the St. Rose and Creque retrieved the gun from the patron after St. Rose threatened that he was carrying another firearm.
According to the police, the gun was then used to rob the patron of money and his car keys.
“The patron subsequently ran and a firearm was discharged,” the police said in the statement.
No one was injured.
Police arrested the men sometime after but the gun was never recovered.
The St. Lucian was the victim of a shooting incident on Virgin Gorda some six years ago in which two men are charged for attempted murder.
On September 30 about 12:50 am, it was alleged that the defendants Sherman Williams and Jevon Demming, who are cousins, visited Rock Cafe on Virgin Gorda where a party was being held. While at the party, the defendants and St. Rose had an argument, but it was resolved by patrons who were at the event.
“According to the Crown, between 4 am and 5 am, the defendants left the dancing area of Rock Cafe and went outside to the parking lot where a fight started between Williams and St. Rose. It is alleged that at some point during the fight, Demming joined in and Williams then pulled a gun from his waist and shot St. Rose. The two men then left the scene,” BVI Platinum had reported.
St. Rose was taken to the clinic on Virgin Gorda before he was transported to Tortola for further medical treatment at Peebles Hospital.
According to court records, St. Rose was shot in the neck, chest and abdominal, but also sustained a wound to his private part as a result of one of the three shots he received.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM