Share This On:
A 24-year-old Castries-born man, who is suspected of being mentally challenged, has been arrested in Martinique for attempting to rob the same station twice within 48 hours, according to Martinique 1ere.
The man, whose name was not disclosed in the report, was arrested between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Sunday, April 8, 2018.
Reports are that the suspect, armed with a cutlass, went to rob the service station at Lementin, when the manager of the business establishment recognised him and called the police.
The suspect was quickly subdued by the security guard with the help of a prison officer while they waited on the police to arrive.
He was handed over to the police and he was immediately taken into custody.
According to the report, the St. Lucian also targeted two shops, a gas station and a fast food restaurant last Thursday (April 5) in Lamentin.
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM