Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The new owners of the St Lucia Zouks are strongly invested in building and enhancing the talent of young, upcoming players.
The hope is that St. Lucia, Windward Islands, and the West Indies will reap the rewards of these efforts.
The new ownership team is very excited to welcome exciting St Lucian player, Kimani Melius, to the Zouks.
Melius, now 19, is from Boguis in St Lucia. He started cricket at an early age competing in local tournaments. In October 2019, he was named the vice-captain of the West Indies Emerging Team for the 2019–20 Regional Super50 tournament.
In November 2019, he was named as the captain of the West Indies’ squad for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He was the leading run-scorer for the West Indies in the tournament, with 191 runs in six matches.
CEO Kings XI Punjab Satish Menon expressed, “The plan was to have Melius join the Kings XI Punjab at our training camp in Mohali ahead of this year’s CPL. Due to COVID-19 and current travel restrictions into India means this has not been possible.”
Melius said, “Though disappointed I am unable to participate in the Kings XI Training Camp in India, I am extremely excited about what the future might hold. Once all settles, I am looking forward to working hard with my possible teammates at this year’s CPL and making my country proud.”
Despite this disappointment, the new owners will be doing all they can to help develop their latest signing.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff