Share This On:
(NEMO) – Saint Lucia has placed under a Tropical Storm warning as of 5:00 a.m. today. Tropical Storm Kirk is located near latitude 11.8 North, longitude 52.7 West of Saint Lucia.
Maximum sustained winds are at 40 miles per hour. A westward to west-northwestward motion is expected through Friday night. Tropical Storm Kirk is located at about 470 MI…755 KM E of Barbados.
On the forecast track, Kirk is expected to approach Barbados and the northern Windward Islands Thursday afternoon and move into the eastern Caribbean Sea by Friday morning.
A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are
expected somewhere within the warning area within 36 hours.
RESIDENTS ARE ASKED TO CONTINUE TO CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THE STORM AND TO BE VIGILANT.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM