Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Health professionals from throughout the Caribbean will gather in St Lucia in May for a major conference on rheumatology.
The Caribbean Association for Rheumatology (CAR) will host its 9th Annual Scientific Symposium at the Coco Palm Hotel, Rodney Bay from Thursday May 3rd to Saturday May 5th 2018.
The conference will feature internationally acclaimed speakers, national research presentations and an ultrasound workshop, among others.
It is geared towards all health care professionals, not only doctors. This forum has been approved for 14.5 credits from The St. Lucia Medical and Dental association.
Participants will get an opportunity to listen and interact with regional and international experts on the diagnosis and management of the most common and serious rheumatic conditions in St Lucia.
The Annual Scientific Symposium will open with a free public lecture facilitated by Dr Carter Thorne from Canada on the topic, “A cost effective model of care for people with chronic conditions”.
All health professionals are encouraged to take advantage of the special Saturday afternoon session which is devoted to teaching rheumatology to non-rheumatologists. That session will focus on assessment of patients with joint pain, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, inflammatory back pain, osteoporosis, septic arthritis and other emergencies. Health professionals in Trinidad in 2016 and Curacao in 2017 benefitted from this. Now it is St. Lucia’s turn.
Interested participants may register for the conference online at www.caribrheum.org or at Bay Medical Centre, Tapion or at St. Anthony Medical Centre on Clarke Street, Vieux Fort.
CAR promotes collaborative research, focusing on education and advocacy throughout the Caribbean.
The symposium will be followed by the Annual General Meeting of the Caribbean Association for Rheumatology. The 9th Annual Scientific Symposium would not be possible without the support of our many sponsors including:
International: Platinum sponsor: Regeneron,
Gold Sponsors: Abbvie and Pfizer, Silver Sponsor: Health City Cayman and Bronze Sponsor: Association of Women in Rheumatology. Our Regional sponsors include: Select Sponsors: Courts, Digicel and Lucelec.
Supporting Sponsors include: Bank of Saint Lucia, Eastern Caribbean Insurances Ltd., FLOW, Invest Saint Lucia, Sagicor and Scotiabank.
Other contributors include: Christy Creations, Meme Bete, Natmed, Rituals Sushi, Tapas on the Bay and Wild Orchid. Many others have contributed to making this conference a reality and CAR would like to thank everyone.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM