Share This On:
Valdez James is expected to join over 25 other participants who represent 16 trade unions from across the Caribbean at the forum. He is expected to make a brief presentation at one of the sessions, a press release states.
The event is being hosted by the Antigua and Barbuda Workers Union.
The two-day meeting began on Thursday, August 8 at the Jolly Beach Hotel.
One of the aims of the gathering is to identify urgent areas for capacity building among member unions.
Among the countries represented are the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- FirstCaribbean hit by 316 per cent decrease in net income
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff