Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – World kidney day will be observed tomorrow March 10, 2016 under the theme KIDNEY DISEASE IN CHILDREN ACT EARLY TO PREVENT IT. As part of activities to mark the day, the St Lucia renal association in conjunction with the Ministry of Heath will be hosting a grand Health fair on the grounds of the Ministry on the Castries waterfront from 9am to 4pm.
Patrons will have an opportunity to have blood pressure, blood sugar and urine tested. Resource persons will also be available to answer pertinent questions relating to kidney health and how to prevent kidney disease.
Tickets for the second annual CELEBRITY SPORTS DAY which will be held at the Beausejour indoor facility from 10am on Sunday 13th March will also be available at a minimal cost of twenty dollars for adults and ten dollars for children under the age of ten.Celebrities can also pick up their teeshirts and make their contributions..
As this year’s theme indicates, children are not exempt from developing kidney disease, be it acute or chronic, as such special emphasis is being placed on educating our children about kidney health. We will continue to visit schools around the island throughout the month of March and we encourage the attendance of children at this year’s celebrity sports day as there will be a wide range of activities for them.
More Health Stories
- Saint Lucia Arthritis & Lupus Association observes World Arthritis Day November 19, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities November 19, 2019
- Victoria hospital offers free testing for pregnant women November 18, 2019
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019
- St. Jude Hospital receives new state-of-the-art ambulance November 7, 2019
- Saint Lucia schools reporting cases of hand, foot and mouth disease November 6, 2019
- PAHO hosts HEARTS initiative workshop in Saint Lucia November 6, 2019
- St. Jude Hospital reconstruction underway November 5, 2019