Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – A team from Saint Lucia, along with Prime Minister Honourable Allen M. Chastanet, will attend the 2016 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington DC from October 7-9.
Minister in the Ministry of Finance Honourable Dr. Ubaldus Raymond, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance Cointha Thomas and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Economic Development & Housing Tracy Polius will take part in discussions on a range of issues.
The Annual IMF/World Bank Meetings provide a forum for international cooperation and enable the Bank and IMF to better serve their member countries.
While in Washington DC Prime Minister Chastanet will also attend a Caribbean-Central American Action forum titled “Finance, Fintech, and the Future of Banking in the Caribbean Basin” where he is expected to deliver an address.
During the Prime Minister’s absence, Minister for Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation, Honourable Guy Joseph will serve as Acting Prime Minister.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020
- St. Lucian wins trip to Spain from Magnum Tonic Wine January 17, 2020
- ECCB hosts 4th Growth and Resilience Dialogue with Social Partners January 17, 2020
- UNESCO IPDC opens new project submission cycle January 16, 2020
- New Year’s Message from the President of CSA – Cyprian Montrope January 14, 2020