Share This On:
Soufriere, St. Lucia was selected as one of the world’s best honeymoon destination by one of Canada’s top travel agencies, Flight Network.
St. Lucia was among 22 destinations named by the agency. Only one other Caribbean destination made the list: Cruz Bay, St. John in the Virgin Islands.
The other destinations are Maui, Hawaii; Matagalpa, Nicaragua; Colon Island, Panama; Rarotonga, Cook Islands; Noonu, Maldives; Bali, Indonesia; Lombok, Indonesia; Phuket, Thailand; Racha Yai, Thailand; Khao Lak, Thailand; Kep, Cambodia; Koslanda, Sri Lanka; Port Douglas, Australia; Montville, Australia; Oak Beach, Australia; Santorini, Greece; Crete, Greece; Aristi, Greece; Amalfi Coast, Italy; and Budapest, Hungary.
Commenting on St. Lucia, the travel agency states: “Soufriere is where the rainforest, Piton mountains and sea meet on the west coast of the famous island, St. Lucia. This area is relatively underdeveloped compared to the rest of the island, so it really will feel like a special, hidden place for you and your partner on your honeymoon.
“The name of the town means ‘sulfur’ in French. But, not because of the smell. Instead, this part of the island is home to hot springs and healing mineral baths which you can visit. Other notable spots in the area are the bike and hiking trails overlooking the sea, old sugar plantations and the remarkable Diamond Botanical Gardens.”
The agency singled out Stonefield Villa as the place to go.
“Each of the breathtaking Stonefield Villa’s are tucked on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean sea and the famous Piton mountain. Lush surroundings make your villa totally private, perfect for honeymooners. The villas also have their very own pools, spacious outdoor space, and hammocks for napping.
“Just about everywhere there is a view of the Caribbean sea and clear blue skies which open your heart and allow you to escape, relax and rejuvenate. This property is going to suck you in from the minute you step foot onto its lush land, so much so, you might find yourself coming back here years after your honeymoon.”
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM