Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The governments of the Eastern Caribbean Area in collaboration with the UNICEF Office for the Eastern Caribbean Area and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) will be meeting in St. Lucia this week to chart a course of action for the region’s children.
The meeting is being hosted by the Government of St. Lucia.
Ministers from the 12 countries in the Eastern Caribbean Multi-country Programme will examine progress made so far and devise strategies for issues confronting the region’s children during the July 1-2 meeting at Sandals Halycon Hotel.
St Lucia’s Deputy Prime Minister Philip Pierre will deliver remarks while Minister of Minister of Health, Wellness, Human Services and Gender Relations Alvina Reynolds will deliver the feature address.
The 12 countries in the Multi-country Programme and being represented at the meeting are Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and the Turks & Caicos Islands.
More Youth/Education Stories
- Special Education Teachers Training Seminar – Jan 28 & 29, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020
- Renovations in order for Piaye Combined School January 24, 2020
- New joint institute formalizes long partnership between UWI and UH January 24, 2020
- Education officials meet January 23, 2020
- OECS YES In Action features Jasmine Duncan January 22, 2020