Share This On:
BOCA CHICA — St Lucia defeated Antigua and Barbuda 2-1 as the elimination process of the NORCECA Beach Volleyball Continental Cup continued in Boca Chica on Sunday.
The Continental Cup of NORCECA grants one ticket per gender to the beach volleyball tournament of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Kerin Neptune and Noel Dala of St Lucia-B defeated Rosermarie Simon and Mali Nyota Peters of Antigua and Barbuda-A 15-7 in the decisive golden set of the best-of-three country versus country contest.
In the first match, Rosie and Peters beat Jamilla Lansiquot and Yosherbel Emmanuel of St Lucia-A 2-0 (21-13, 21-12) but Neptune and Noel answered back with a 2-0 (21-12, 21-13) win over Sharon Payne and Joelle Thomas of Antigua and Barbuda-B.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools