Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Saint Lucia took its ‘Inspiration and Travel Tour’ across the United States, visiting Washington, Pittsburg, New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
From February 9-11 the Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, was home to the Boston Globe Travel Show hosting over 30,000 visitors and 400 exhibitors showcasing the latest destinations updates, tours, accommodation and travel technologies. Saint Lucia’s contingent consisted of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA), local hotel partners, and travel agency representatives.
The SLTA unveiled its new Saint Lucia Travel Trade guide, with the destination receiving strong positive interest in and reaction to the new branding platform from both trade professionals and consumers.
Saint Lucia’s Trade Sales Manager to the USA, Richard Moss, was on hand to provide introductory training to travel agents. Saint Lucia hotel partners which included Ti Kaye Resort and Spa, Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, Hotel Chocolat as well as Coconut Bay and Serenity by Coconut Bay were actively driving sales through the booking agents also present at the event.
Piton Award winning Saint Lucia Specialist, Susan Lange, joined the SLTA team on February 11 and provided an additional sales push to interested travel agents resulting in additional vacation bookings.
The ‘Inspiration and Travel Tour’ continued on February 10 and 11, with SLTA attending the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Illinois. The show hosted over 24,000 consumers, 583 Travel agents and 96 media personnel over the two days. The Saint Lucia booth received a steady influx of consumer and travel trade professionals interested in the destination “We received very positive feedback from the trade professionals and consumers. Consumers were very happy to learn about the diversity of the island which makes it more than just a romantic getaway,” said SLTA Director of Marketing USA, Kelly Fontenelle – Clarke.
Saint Lucia continues its US Inspiration and Travel Tour with the next stop on the west coast at the San Francisco Travel and Adventure Show from February 16 – 18.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM