Share This On:
(CMC) – Three people, including two foreigners, will return to court on November 9 after they were charged in connection with the seizure of EC$300,000 in cocaine in Grenada last weekend.
Police said that Decauris Fransico Alberto, a Dominican Republic national with St Lucia citizenship, and a supervisor at a local manufacturing firm, as well as Venezuelan Brenny Emeneria Drira Lopez and Grenadian businessman Daniel “Diego” Peters, were arrested last Sunday.
Police said Alberto has been charged with trafficking in a controlled drug and possession of a controlled drug. He was been placed on EC$200,000 and ordered to surrender all his travel documents.
They said Drira Lopez was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to trafficking in a controlled drug. He has been remanded into custody. Peters was placed on EC$200,000 bail with three sureties.
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM