Share This On:
(CMC) – Three people, including two foreigners, will return to court on November 9 after they were charged in connection with the seizure of EC$300,000 in cocaine in Grenada last weekend.
Police said that Decauris Fransico Alberto, a Dominican Republic national with St Lucia citizenship, and a supervisor at a local manufacturing firm, as well as Venezuelan Brenny Emeneria Drira Lopez and Grenadian businessman Daniel “Diego” Peters, were arrested last Sunday.
Police said Alberto has been charged with trafficking in a controlled drug and possession of a controlled drug. He was been placed on EC$200,000 and ordered to surrender all his travel documents.
They said Drira Lopez was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to trafficking in a controlled drug. He has been remanded into custody. Peters was placed on EC$200,000 bail with three sureties.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM