Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – St. Lucia will once again join millions of people around the world in promoting entrepreneurship during Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) which will be celebrated from November 16th to 22nd 2015.
As the host, the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture remains committed to focusing on key issues which will impact on the fundamental foundation of a strong economy and society, thereby creating and strengthening the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
The Chamber of Commerce and GEW Partners are pleased to announce the first ever GEW Fashion Design Competition. It is anticipated that this competition will showcase St. Lucia’s design talent through the use of the GEW logo and band of colours.
The main aim of the competition is to help raise awareness of Global Entrepreneurship Week and opportunities available within the fashion industry. All designs must be inspired by the GEW Logo, “The Compass” and colours. The designer should also use no less than 3 colours from the band to design a piece of clothing.
The top designer will receive a grant of EC$5,000.00 from the Ministry of Creative Industries along with other tokens of appreciation. Prizes will also be awarded to the 2nd and 3rd place designers.
Registration for this competition is free and all interested persons are asked to visit the Chamber’s website at www.stluciachamber.org to obtain all registration details.
The other beacon events for this year’s celebration of GEW are the:
-Get In The Ring
-Youth Link Up
We invite all agencies, companies and institutions with an interest or a role to play in growing Entrepreneurship, to be part of this global celebration, to attend partners meeting held every 2 weeks from 9:30am.
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 20th October from 9.30am at the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce Industry and Commerce Conference Room.
To find out how you can join the movement call 4523165 or email [email protected] for more information.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”