Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Due to unforeseen pool damage, the St. Lucia Amateur Swimming Association has been forced to reschedule its Annual Independence Swim Challenge to March 3rd 2018.
The Rodney Height Aquatic Center is working towards having the damage repaired in the shortest period of time, in an effort to allow the Federation swimmers to continue its pool training sessions.
The meet will serve as the final opportunity locally for swimmers to attempt to qualify and join nine swimmers thus far who have met the qualifying standard for the 2018 Carifta Swim Championship due to take place in Jamaica March 30th to April 5th.
SLASA expects well over 150 swimmers from the Sharks, Seajays, Lightning Swim Club, RR Aquatics, Sports Academy and Southern Flying Fish to compete.
Supporters can expect fierce swimming and a tough competition between all SLASA swimmers as they swim their way to top positions, bettering their times and earning their slot on the Carifta Team. Who knows there may be a few surprises!
SLASA invites Corporate St. Lucia to join with the Government of St. Lucia in assisting its swimmers in providing them with the opportunity to compete locally, regionally and internationally. Spectators are also invited to come have a chat a participating clubs on how we help get the youth involved in the Sport of Swimming.
Happy 39th Independence St. Lucia from the St. Lucia Amateur Swimming Association Executive, its Swimmers and their Families!
More Sports Stories
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019
- Gayle, 40, takes “break” from cricket November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian named captain of Windies U19 cricket team November 25, 2019
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019