Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Police on Sunday confirmed a shooting incident outside of the Basseterre Police Station and said a suspect is in custody.
“The rider of a motorcycle fired gunshots into the air along the stretch of Cayon Street leading up to the Queen Victoria Roundabout. Members of the Crime Scene Unit visited and processed the area. They collected several items of evidential value,” the police statement said.
The police said the incident occurred sometime after 7 ‘0’ clock this morning but made no mention of the Basseterre Police Station which is along the route that the shooting took place.
Police were seen picking up spent shells outside the station.
The statement said investigations into the matter are currently ongoing.
“Persons who might have seen or heard something in relation to this incident, or have any other information regarding the matter, are asked to contact the Violent Crime Unit by dialing 467-1887 or 467-1888, 662-3468 or by calling the crime hotline at 707,” said the police.
- Trinidad: Women detained after family chopping
- Jamaica: Cops challenge constitutionality of appeal being held via Zoom
- Jamaica: Mother dies trying to rescue children from fire
- Jamaica: Woman charged with murder after allegedly pouring hot oil on taxi driver
- Trinidad Parliament dissolves in July: Rowley
- COVID-19 screening online platform to be launched soon in Jamaica
- Jamaica police hit by sudden death of colleagues hours apart
- Jamaica: Official says optional coronavirus testing for visitors is “dangerous”
- Jamaica spent $1 billion to bring 2,300 nationals home: Holness