Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – St. Jude Hospital is embarking on a campaign to promote awareness towards Men’s Prostate Health Care. From the 25th of November, 2019 to the 20th of December, 2019, Prostate Cancer Screening (PSA Test) will be available at St. Jude Hospital.
Operation times for testing will be Monday’s to Friday’s from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
It is required that patients be seen at the Out-Patient Clinic (OPC) by a general practitioner prior to getting the request for PSA Testing. The OPC visit costs a fee of $15.00 XCD. The PSA Test will be offered at a reduced price of $40.00 XCD. The original price of the PSA Test is $80.00 XCD. Test results will determine if patients are to be referred to the Urology department for further testing, observation and treatment. The urology visit cost a fee of $35.00 XCD.
The PSA Test results will be given to patients on the same day of testing.
In order to be eligible for this promotion, individuals must be age 40 and above. (40+). The purpose of this promotion is to promote awareness and encourage men to get tested and consult with a physician if necessary.
Patients with PSA Test requests from other medical centers are also encouraged to take advantage of this promotion. We also would appreciate constructive feedback from the patients after the services have been provided to facilitate improvement for future promotions.
Please persuade your family members and friends to be part of this promotion.
St. Jude Hospital prides itself on being a health care provider of excellence and this initiative is an effort to achieve our mission which is providing quality health care.
More Health Stories
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020
- NCPD makes appeal to anyone in need of a wheelchair January 13, 2020
- SLBWA and partners welcome Kids Insight 2020 January 10, 2020
- Statement from Ministry of Health – Year of the Nurse and Midwife January 10, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s first newborns for 2020 receive hampers January 8, 2020
- 2020 marks the International Year of the nurse and midwife January 7, 2020
- Tribute to Dr. Merlene Fredericks-James January 6, 2020