Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The management of St. James’s Club Morgan Bay and the National Workers Union (NWU) have settled their industrial impasse at the mediation level.
Over 200 hotel workers employed with the company will receive one dolla per hour increase on their existing salaries effective January 2019, with an additional fifty cents per hour increase during the period of the industrial contract.
The workers will also benefit from 100% service charge and a lump sum payment as follows:
– Current employees with 1-5 years service will receive $500
– Those with 6-10 years service will receive $700
– Those with 10 years and over $1,000
The new industrial agreement makes provisions for up-grade in paternity leave, acting allowance, vacation and compassionate leave. Implementation of the contract will be effective January 2019 pending the formal signing at the Department of Labour.
The NWU believes that the new pact is one of the best in the industry and will be used as a model to drive its industrial engagement with other companies in the tourism sector.
More Finance/Business Stories
- CSA Executive Council elections – Deadline for nominations February 26, 2020
- Dream to Reality Course 2020 pilot February 25, 2020
- Squeeze Cash to offer Caribbean new multi-currency feature February 25, 2020
- Resilient FICS celebrates staff February 24, 2020
- Proposed sale of Canadian Banks in the Caribbean under review February 24, 2020
- St. Lucian female chocolate maker recognized internationally February 24, 2020
- Another year of Campari Carnival for the region February 24, 2020