Share This On:
The West Indies were restricted to 137 for 6 after they won the toss and elected to bat in the ICC T20 final being played in Colombo.
The Windies were in trouble in the first over when Johnathan Charles was out without scoring. Sri Lanka got the big wicket of Chris Gayle who went for 3 runs.
It was up to Marlon Samuels and Dwayne Bravo to carry the match and Samuels duly obliged, hitting 6 sixes and 3 four in his 78 runs off 56 balls.
Wickets began falling around Samuels and he also went for 78 runs.
Captain Darren Sammy fired 26 off 15 balls to push the score further.
The West Indies will now seek early wickets in Sri Lanka’s reply.
More Sports Stories
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019
- Reela wins 3rd leg of Community 7s rugby tournament in Desruisseaux October 21, 2019
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019