Share This On:
Levern Spencer has given St. Lucia its first medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, finishing third in the women’s high jump final.
Spencer cleared 1.92m.
Australian Eleanor Patterson, 18, won the gold medal with a measurement of 1.94m, equalling her season’s best. England’s Isobel Pooley finished second with a personal best of 1.92m.
St. Lucia’s other representative in the final, Jeanelle Scheper, finished a joint fourth with Leontia Kallenou of Cyprus. Both cleared 1.89m.
More Sports Stories
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020
- Five dynamic swimmers will take the plunge at UANA February 10, 2020
- Racing for love – Independence Day celebration February 10, 2020
- 2nd annual ‘Strides of Unity’ youth baton relay February 6, 2020
- National Basketball players prepare for four regional tournaments February 3, 2020