Share This On:
This brings an end to months of negotiations between the company and the National Workers Union (NWU).
The new industrial accord which runs from January 2013 will be of three years duration. Workers will enjoy a seven percent general wage increase in year one and four percent in year two. The parties will monitor the performance of the company’s operations during the third year to determine whether an increase could be afforded in year three.
The package also provides workers with a regime of fringe benefits, improvement in general working conditions and health and safety equipment in keeping with the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
The company and the NWU have exchanged the final draft of the agreement in preparation for official signing.
Soufriere Sand & Ballast Co. Ltd. operates in the Soufriere belt.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020