Share This On:
(GIS) — Former FIFA executive, now consultant to FIFA and CONCACAF, Mr. Jim Brown, arrived in Saint Lucia on Wednesday to undertake a tour of the Soufriere Mini Stadium with members of the Saint Lucia Football Association.
The Soufriere Mini Stadium is under redevelopment in order to permit international football and athletics competitions starting in 2019.
To ensure the venue design meets the requirements for international competitions, consultant to FIFA and CONCACAF, Mr. Jim Brown, has agreed to assist the design team and the Government of Saint Lucia by providing advice on how to properly prepare the stadium for eventual CONCACAF approvals.
The planned upgrades include the installation of a FIFA Quality Pro (two-star) synthetic turf system by Shaw Sports Turf, that is designed to meet FIFA/CONCACF international match competition requirements; pitch lighting; a scoreboard system; press and broadcast positions; grandstands; dressing rooms; a media center and a ticket booth, among others.
The tour will be held at 10 a.m. on May 23, and led by President Cooper and the staff of the Football Association. A conference will follow.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM