Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association Inc would like to congratulate the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School on winning the Chefs in Schools Cook Off 2019.
In second place was the St Joseph’s Convent team of Janaii Williams and Kurres Joseph, trained by Chef Nissa Paul of Windjammer landing Villa Beach Resort. And in third place was Merkijay Jean and Wavimey Prosper of the Leon Hess Secondary School and trained by Chef Billy Mauricette of Cap Maison.
The two students competing for Soufriere Comprehensive were Sherquean Franky and Kayla Joseph, both form 4 students. The team put on a great show in both the Signature Dish and Basket Rounds at the recently held competition on their home grounds at the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School on Thursday, June 13 and Friday, June 14, 2019.
The Soufriere team were trained and coached by Chef Ruben Kumar of Anse Chastanet Resort over the past two months in preparation for the competition.
Kayla and Sherquean along with their chef and teacher will travel to Barbados to represent Saint Lucia at the Regional Caribbean Junior Duelling Challenge come August this year. Their training will continue over the summer in preparation for the regional leg of the culinary competition.
The competition was proudly sponsored by the Tourism Enhancement Fund, Winfresh Limited and TransCaribbean.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- Defensive driving classes now online — SALCC South Campus
- Training for Saint Lucia government employees
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership