Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Over two hundred (200) employees of 1st National Bank (St. Lucia) Ltd will converge at the Kelvin Felix Archdiocesan Pastoral Centre at Marisule on Wednesday December 11, 2019.
The workers will participate in a solidarity gathering to mark the occasion of the successful completion of negotiations in quick time between the Bank and the National Workers Union (NWU). The event starts at 3:30 p.m.
During the proceedings the industrial agreement between the parties will be rolled out with all articles and provisions of the contract being made known to the employees.
Secretary General of the National Workers Union (NWU) Johann Harewood will spearhead the roll out while Cde Garvey Esnard from the NWU Financial Services Sector Branch will welcome the new members to the National Workers Union Army.
This session is being hosted by the 1st National Bank (St. Lucia) Ltd. The NWU describes this industrial initiative as historic and indeed a new page in our industrial relations manuscript. It provides an opportunity and sets the basis, going forward for the parties to work together and leave no stone unturned in making the 1st National Bank (St. Lucia) Ltd. one of the best banks to do business with and one that will stand up for good employees.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020
- St. Lucian wins trip to Spain from Magnum Tonic Wine January 17, 2020
- ECCB hosts 4th Growth and Resilience Dialogue with Social Partners January 17, 2020
- UNESCO IPDC opens new project submission cycle January 16, 2020
- New Year’s Message from the President of CSA – Cyprian Montrope January 14, 2020