Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Social Development Fund (SSDF) made a presentation to three chairtable organizations to assist with their operations on Monday June 22, 2015.
The Feed the Poor Ministry, Soufriere Soup Kitchen, and Mongouge Club 60 Adult Daycare Center were the recipients of monetary donations from the SSDF with a combined value of EC Twenty Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($20,500.00).
The Honourable Harold Dalsan, Minister for Social Transformation, Local Government and Community Empowerment expressed government’s support of the initiatives undertaken by these organizations.
He intimated his Ministry’s intention to continue strengthening the capacity of similar groups, through partnership with the SSDF, and with the support of the Ministry of Finance.
Mayor of Soufriere, Mr. Darnel Bob said “the responsibility of taking care of the poor has traditionally been left to government, however the private sector has been increasing their support in recent times.”
The Ministry of Social Transformation, Local Government and Community Empowerment takes this opportunity to thank those non-governmental organizations who extend their services to those in need, thus complementing the Ministry’s mandate.
More General Stories
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020
- SRDF honors centenarian January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service – Mr. Cassius “Cassie Boom” Glasgow January 23, 2020
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020