Share This On:
(NEW YORK DAILY NEWs) — “Born Lucian” — a brand of wearable items boasting St. Lucian pride — is spreading here in the U.S. and back in the islands.
The stylish line of T-shirts and other clothing comes from soca/country Western performer Gozilay (born Julius Peter) and his talent manager, Marna Martinez.
The pair created the brand name, designed the fashions and have been marketing the concept and the clothes.
“Born Lucian” debuted in Brooklyn and is reverberating from New York all the way to the island nation.
The “Born Lucian” kickoff was held at the St. Lucia House with support from the St. Lucia Consulate in New York.
Since the launch, “there are many patriotic men, women, children, well-known music artists, disc jockeys, TV and radio personalities proudly wearing this brand, locally and internationally,” according to Gozilay and Martinez, who thanked all their supporters.
And the T-shirts are more than a fashion and patriotic statement — with part of the proceeds aiding Gozilay’s annual “Charity Vibes,” which provide school supplies to economically disadvantaged children in St. Lucia.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM