Share This On:
(SKY NEWS) – A boa constrictor has been pictured apparently eating a pigeon on an east London street.
Photos and video on social media showed the snake wrapped around the bird in the middle of a pathway outside a shop in Leytonstone.
Dave Fawbert, the editor of Shortlist magazine, shared an image on Twitter with the caption: “Just a python eating a pigeon on Leytonstone High Road #LondonLife”.
The RSPCA said an inspector had gone to the scene, but could not give details on what had happened to the pigeon.
The snake was taken to a nearby wildlife centre, where it was being assessed.
RSPCA inspector Rebecca Bedson said: “I’m very keen to find out how he came to be in such a dangerous situation.
“Exposed like that on a street could have meant anything might have happened to him – he could have been run over by a car or attacked by another animal.
“It might be that he is an escaped pet, or more worryingly, someone may have deliberately dumped him and left him to fend for himself.”
She went on: “Either way, anybody with any information can give me a call in complete confidence on our inspector’s appeal line by phoning 0300 123 8018.”
The RSPCA has urged potential reptile owners to do their research about what care is needed before taking on the responsibility of an exotic pet.
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries in front of George Floyd’s casket
- Cop comforts 5-y-o black girl after she asks if she’s going to be shot
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody