Share This On:
By majority, the hotel workers agreed to accept the five percent general wage increase. Their acceptance of the upward adjustment was based on the fact that the company has struggled and the hotel is currently in receivership.
The parties agreed to continue discussions which previously started under the former management, with the objective of putting a fundamental agreement in place. The NWU has also pledged to continue its full cooperation with management aimed at creating the kind of environment that would make it possible for workers to discharge their responsibilities with excellence.
Meanwhile, the NWU is soon to meet with management of Anse Chastanet Hotel as well as Rex/Royal St. Lucian to conduct negotiations.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019