Share This On:
Celebrating their 125th anniversary, St Mary’s College are through to the final of the 2015 Massy United Insurance Under-19 Schools Cricket Tournament, where they will face Soufriere Comprehensive.
SMC registered a comfortable eight-wicket win over a Sir Arthur Lewis Community College who complained of having difficulty fielding a team for the semifinal. Most SALCC students have competed instruction and are not at the institution from day to day.
At Mindoo Philip Park, the Samarians routed their counterparts from the top of the Morne, dismissing SALCC for 78 in 32 overs. SALCC captain Christian Charlery was the only batsman in double figures, making 25.
St Mary’s College spinners wove a web around the opposition. Qwaine Henry took two wickets for seven runs in three overs. Simeon Gerson took to for eight in four overs . Keeghan Patrick took two for nine in seven overs.
Chasing a revised target of 74 for victory and a spot into the final, St Mary’s finished on 75 for two, needing just 22 overs. Kevyn Arnold and memn of the match Keeghan Patrick finished on 37 and 15 not out, respectively.
The two wickets to fall for SMC were taen by Simeon Dalkhan and Millan David.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Sri Lanka ODI defeat February 24, 2020
- A small team making a gigantic splash at the Uana Swimming Cup February 24, 2020
- Update on National Independence Tennis Tournament February 21, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 SPL4 fixtures February 21, 2020
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020