Share This On:
The Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) will hold a town hall meeting at the Ciceron Secondary School to discuss the economy and other matters of concern to residents from the area tomorrow, July 15 at 6:30p.m.
A press release from the party states that Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Dr. Kenny Anthony, Minister for Infrastructure Phillip J. Pierre and Parliamentary Representative for the area Dr. Robert Lewis will lead these deliberations.
According to the release, officials from the Ministry of Finance are expected to make a presentation on the fiscal challenges faced by the government “and the measures the government seeks to employ in reducing the deficit, for the knowledge and scrutiny of constituents.”
Several other cabinet ministers are expected to be present and will address the proceedings based on their respective ministries.
Residents have been urged to attend and to contribute to the discussion.
Tuesday’s meeting follows a series of discussions held in other constituencies on the island, the release said.
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering