On the evening of September 3, 2013, Hon. Harold Dalson and the Soufriere Constituency Group of the St.Lucia Labour Party initiated an open question and answer session.
A gentleman was provided an opportunity to air his concerns. He was extremely abusive to the district representative and some persons who were in attendance.
The district representative requested that the gentleman be given sufficient time to ask his questions. Instead of using that time, the gentleman became increasingly abusive.
We were told that he was coming to disrupt the meeting and he was cautioned to behave himself before entering the hall with his beer bottle.
Someone attending the meeting approached him and asked that he settle down. He did not stop his abusive behaviour and became more agitated. He was then asked to leave the gathering and he refused; he was subsequently removed.
It was clear that Mr. Dalson was patient and tolerant with the individual and further registered his regret as to what transpired. The following matters were discussed at the meeting:
· Infrastructural work in Soufriere
· The Malgretoute Project and the LAC Report
· The cost of the Soufriere Bridge which cost $3.8 million from the World Bank
· The Soufriere Hospital
· The mini stadium
· The Fond St Jacques multi-purpose court
· Building of a Lay-By at Colombette
· The rehabilitation of words in Soufriere including the Wingsville and Derarch Roads
· The Soufriere Square
· Roads in Soufriere already resurfaced
· The Mocha and Deville bridges to be constructed
The Soufriere/Fond St Jacques constituency group is in the view that he was deliberately dispatched to cause disruption to the meeting and an attempt to cause Mr. Dalson to be caught in a physical interaction. We further state that we will neither accept nor tolerate any verbal abuse to anyone and in particular the District Representative, Hon. Harold Dalson.