Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Sunday 29th January 2017, the Saint Lucia Labour Party will hold its first national public meeting since the June 6 General Elections in Vieux Fort South, next to the Vieux Fort Square on Clarke Street, starting at 5.00 P.M.
The meeting is intended to deal mainly with the DSH issue and will aim at further informing the public of the Party’s position on the project. The Party will make it clear why it cannot support the project under the current agreement and conditions.
The Party will also give its assessment of the performance of the UWP Administration at the end of its first seven months in office.
The lineup of speakers include: Political Leader, Hon. Philip J. Pierre, Parliamentary Representative for Vieux Fort South and Former Prime Minister, Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, along with Hon. Alva Baptiste, Hon. Shawn Edward, Hon. Dr. Ernest Hilaire and Hon. Moses Jn. Baptiste.
The Party believes that the DSH matter has drastic implications not only for the southern region but also for the entire country, and therefore is inviting all Saint Lucians, from north to south, to attend and be informed of the reasons why this deal is too risky for our country.
More Politics Stories
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020
- Mary Isaac under fire for statements made on death of former councilman February 11, 2020
- Mayor to Cannabis Movement: “I am on board!” February 10, 2020
- SLP calls for results of gov’t investigations February 6, 2020
- SLP salutes Neville Skeete – An amazing human being February 6, 2020
- Vieux Fort South MP gives WASCO the cold shoulder January 30, 2020