Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Saint Lucia Labour Party held the Closed Session of its Annual Conference at the Canaries Primary School on Sunday 15th October, 2017.
The conference was attended by delegates from all seventeen constituencies and received the annual report from the General Secretary on Party activities for the last year.
There were also reports from the President of the Women’s Organization and the Constitution Review Committee.
Delegates also engaged in a question and answer session where concerns were discussed with the leadership of the Party.
The conference debated and approved a motion mandating the Party to form a committee to look into the acquisition of a building to serve as a Headquarters Building for the Saint Lucia Labour Party.
There was also a vote of confidence in the Political Leader and by secret ballot the Hon Philip J. Pierre received 256 votes of confidence and 16 votes of no confidence.
Hon Moses Jn Baptiste (Chairman), Ms. Alvina Reynolds (Vice Chairman), Senator Guibion Ferdinand (Assistant Secretary) and Mr. Errol Charles (Treasurer) were also elected by the delegates.
Newly endorsed Political Leader Hon Philip J Pierre, impressed upon delegates the need to work collectively and increase their mobilization efforts to ensure that the Saint Lucia Labour Party is prepared to defend and protect Saint Lucia from the poor governance of the UWP government.
More Politics Stories
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019
- Sittings of the House of Assembly and the Senate December 6, 2019
- Senate sitting, today December 3, 2019
- SLP is pleased to once again respond to UWP on Juffali questions December 2, 2019
- UWP demands answers from SLP on former Saint Lucian diplomat November 29, 2019