PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) held its first National Council Meeting for 2016, on Saturday, February 6, 2016, in the Constituency of Soufriere.
Matters for discussion and action included a review of the Party’s Annual Conference of Delegates, its first public meeting for 2016 and the election of specialized officers to complete the executive of the Party.
The meeting was chaired by Mr. Claudius Francis, who was elected as Chairman of the SLP on January 17, 2016. In addition to previously elected members of the National Executive, Parliamentary Representatives and Chairpersons of the various constituencies, newly endorsed candidates for Micoud North, Mr. Herbert Roserie, Dennery South, Mr. Jerome Gedeon and Castries South East, Mr. Joachim Henry were in attendance.
The following persons were elected to serve in specialized positions on the National Executive:
- International Affairs Officer-Professor Vaughan Lewis;
- Fraternal Relations Officer-Mr. Earl Bousquet;
- Research Officer-Mr. Calixte George Jnr;
- Labour Relations Officer –Dr. Virginia Poyotte;
- Private Sector Relations Officer -Mr. Terrance Elliot;
- Farmer Relations Officer- Mr. Simon Leon;
- Mobilisation Officer- Mr. Vaughan Charles;
- Legal Affairs Officer-Mr. Leslie Mondesir;
- Welfare Officer- Mrs. Alison Joseph; and
- Youth Officer- Mrs. Jadia Jn. Pierre-Emmanuel.
Mr. Wayne Cumberbatch, Chairperson for the Vieux-Fort South Constituency and Mr. Jeremiah Alfred, Chairperson for the Castries South East Constituency were retained as the National Council Representatives on the Executive, while Senator Hon. Dr. James Fletcher and Hon. Moses Jn. Baptiste will remain as representatives for the Parliamentary Group.