Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Labour Party notes in a Press Release dated Monday March 6th 2017, the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment informed the public that a review of all public assistance/disability grants will take place.
Considering recent statements by the Minister responsible for the Ministries of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Hon Lenard Montoute on Wednesday March 1st 2017 on the review of the NICE Program where he declared that “Over 90% of the employees in the NICE Program are Labour Party supporters…” hence there would be “no political fallout,” the SLP hopes that the fate of the unfortunate citizens receiving public assistance will not be the same as the NICE workers.
The Saint Lucia Labour Party calls on the government to be fully transparent in the review and resist the temptation of political interference in the execution of the review.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM