Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – In a letter dated December 16, 2015 to organisations around the world, none of which are named, Political Leader of the United Workers Party, Allen Chastanet, makes clear his intention to attempt to destroy the Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) which has been introduced by the Government of Saint Lucia to help encourage investors back to our country.
The Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) which comes into operation in January 2016, promises to open our doors to a new wave of foreign direct investment which will be to the benefit of all Saint Lucians, especially our young people and those among us who are unemployed.
Allan Chastanet knows that the latest report from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) shows that Saint Lucia has returned to growth, and that the CIP is already exciting investors’ interest in our country. It is obvious then that this latest move by Chastanet, is not only callous and disloyal to the people of our island but it is one more desperate attempt to sabotage the development of the country, in order to help him to gain power and to subject our country to another period of instability as was experienced between 2006 and 2011. It should be clear now that Allen Chastanet does not care about Saint Lucia and its people.
Saint Lucians must remember that Allan Chastanet was very much part of the last government which was characterised by constant scandal and infringements of the laws of our country, including the shameful Tuxedo Villas affair in which Chastanet was one of the main culprits.
Now that the Labour government has taken our country from instability to recovery, we must ensure that the scandal of the UWP and recklessness of Allan Chastanet is not allowed to return the country to the dark days of their last Administration.
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering
- Labour Day address to the nation by Hon Stephenson King
- May Day address by Leader of the Opposition’s Hon Philip J. Pierre
- Sitting of the House of Assembly scheduled for Wednesday
- New challenges: New opportunities to continue to build a stronger Saint Lucia together