Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia National Trust in collaboration with various partners is organizing a Pointe Sable Environmental Protection Area Community Meetings on Wednesday, September 23rd from 6 p.m. at the Vieux Fort Town Hall.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss Vieux Fort’s Marine Environment. Some of the issues to be discussed include fisheries, solid waste, mangroves, pollution and the importance of marine reserves among other topics.
Additionally 4 households stand a chance of receiving free energy efficient light bulbs. Please see the attached flyer for more information or contact Craig Henry, SLNT Programme Officer – South at 454-5014.
We are collaborating with the Grass Street Development Association to organize a community meeting from 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23rd on the Grass Street Basketball Court.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide the community with an update of the Walcott Place Project. Please contact Germaine Joseph, SLNT’s Built Heritage Officer at 452-5005 for more information.
More Environment Stories
- OECS, CARPHA strengthen partnership November 9, 2019
- Pointe Sables to get ‘coral reef enhancement’ October 11, 2019
- PM Chastanet leads Saint Lucia delegation to UN climate summit September 23, 2019
- Plastic recycling project launches in Saint Lucia August 9, 2019
- Saint Lucia to pilot waste recycling project July 5, 2019