Share This On:
These and other awards will be announced on Saturday when the St. Lucia Industrial and Small Business Association, [SLISBA] hosts the National Awards for Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises.
The awards are known as the Excellence in Entrepreneurship Awards and it will be held in the south of the island for the very first time, at the Coconut Bay Resort and Spa on Saturday August 8th. The awards will be carried live on Calabash TV from 6:30pm.
These awards celebrate the very best of the small business sector which comprises well over 70 percent of businesses in St. Lucia. The SMME sector is seen as a key driver of the local economy with businesses operating and generating employment in every part of the country.
It is also a celebration of businesses in the southern half of the island as about 60% of the nominees come from the area stretching from Dennery to Soufriere, inclusive of Micoud and Vieux-Fort.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Resilient FICS celebrates staff February 24, 2020
- Proposed sale of Canadian Banks in the Caribbean under review February 24, 2020
- St. Lucian female chocolate maker recognized internationally February 24, 2020
- Another year of Campari Carnival for the region February 24, 2020
- Fuel price adjustments February 24, 2020
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020