Share This On:
Roderick brings to the Association over twenty years of management experience with over ten years at senior management level. He has served as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Insurance Property Development and Management Company Limited (NIPRO), the Executive Director of the St Lucia National Conservation Fund and the Senior Manager for Marketing at ECFH. He holds a MBA in Strategic Management.
On the occasion of his appointment, Mr Cherry expressed his elation in joining the Association. “The SLHTA has a sterling reputation in being a leading advocate of and for the industry and providing effective service to its members.
I see my role as building on the strong base of the organization and enhancing the efficiency of operations by streamlining processes and procedures and in so doing taking the organization to the next level of organizational excellence”.
As the Association seeks to better serve its Membership together with the tourism industry at large, Mr Cherry will seek to monitor and improve upon the many projects and administrative duties of the Secretariat as well as manage the projects of the Tourism Enhancement Fund. Additionally, he will pursue external funding for the SLHTA’s future programs and in turn maintain existing relationships with external stakeholders and grant funding organizations.
Noorani Azeez, Chief Executive Officer of the SLHTA welcomed Roderick to the Secretariat. “We are excited to welcome Roderick to the team as he brings with him a strong repertoire of skills critical to the management of the SLHTA. Through his work, he will support the growth of the Association while seeking out new opportunities and programs that will work towards the advancement of our tourism sector,” Azeez stated.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Henley & Partners discusses Sovereign Equity at Davos January 24, 2020
- SLBWA holds inaugural evening of appreciation January 24, 2020
- Saint Lucia National Trade Facilitation Roadmap January 23, 2020
- Super 6 just got bigger with more money to the jackpot January 23, 2020
- Family hotel in St Lucia helps family islands in Bahamas January 23, 2020
- Signing of the CARIFICO agreement January 21, 2020
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020