Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards will host a meeting of stakeholders on the development of a communications strategy and action plan for a series of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects for the region.
Saint Lucia is one of a number of member states to benefit from work on the CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Codes, Minimum Energy Performance Standards for Buildings and Energy Standards and Labelling Programme being implemented by the CARICOM Regional Organization for Standards and Quality CROSQ under the Strengthening of the Regional Quality Infrastructure in the Caribbean in the areas of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (R3E) Project.
CROSQ is a joint implementer of the project with the Dominican Institute for Quality (INDOCAL) with the support of the CARICOM Energy Unit, and the German Government through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenabeit GmbH (GIZ) under the Renewable Energy Efficiency and Technical Assistance (REETA) project.
The project will involve a major public awareness campaign to sensitize the public and private sector stakeholders to the implementation of the standards, labeling requirements and the testing regimes in the area of energy efficiency.
The two-day training meeting towards the development of the communication strategy and action plan will take place in Saint Lucia on March 12-13, 2018 at the Coco Resorts, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia from 9:00 a.m.
The Saint Lucia meeting is jointly sponsored by the Energy for Sustainable Development (ESD) Project managed by the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenabeit GmbH (GIZ) through the Renewable Energy Efficiency and Technical Assistance (REETA) project.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff