Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards will host a meeting of stakeholders on the development of a communications strategy and action plan for a series of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects for the region.
Saint Lucia is one of a number of member states to benefit from work on the CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Codes, Minimum Energy Performance Standards for Buildings and Energy Standards and Labelling Programme being implemented by the CARICOM Regional Organization for Standards and Quality CROSQ under the Strengthening of the Regional Quality Infrastructure in the Caribbean in the areas of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (R3E) Project.
CROSQ is a joint implementer of the project with the Dominican Institute for Quality (INDOCAL) with the support of the CARICOM Energy Unit, and the German Government through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenabeit GmbH (GIZ) under the Renewable Energy Efficiency and Technical Assistance (REETA) project.
The project will involve a major public awareness campaign to sensitize the public and private sector stakeholders to the implementation of the standards, labeling requirements and the testing regimes in the area of energy efficiency.
The two-day training meeting towards the development of the communication strategy and action plan will take place in Saint Lucia on March 12-13, 2018 at the Coco Resorts, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia from 9:00 a.m.
The Saint Lucia meeting is jointly sponsored by the Energy for Sustainable Development (ESD) Project managed by the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenabeit GmbH (GIZ) through the Renewable Energy Efficiency and Technical Assistance (REETA) project.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM