Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — In an effort to foster the continued development of our young basketball players (Boys and Girls) the Saint Lucia Basketball Federation will on Saturday May 18th, host the National Youth Development Program Camp at the Beausejour Indoor Facility from 10:00a.m.
The camp’s main objective is to select up to 5 of the island’s elite male athletes to represent Saint Lucia at the inaugural FIBA Y.D.P Camp in San Juan, Puerto Rico from the 11th to 14th July 2019 and of age 17.
The SLBF sees this as an opportunity to also acquire a database of players for other initiatives and will not only focus on the age group of 17.
During Saturday’s camp, a separate selection of females and males will also be made as the federation seeks to identify a contingent for Saint Lucia’s attendance at the Caribbean Hoops College Exposure Camp from June 27th to July 1st in Trinidad.
The SLBF has solicited assistance with a number of coaches (Alban Estephane, Ron DuMurville, Germaine Thomas to name a few) and other officials in the sporting fraternity (Phillip Anthony, Sabbatus Hunte & Anthony Lamontagne) to gather athletes island wide and strategize on how best to make the camp a success on Saturday.
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Saint Lucia cricket fans may not see SPL action “anytime before September”
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- West Indies, England Test schedule confirmed
- CPL submits proposal to stage tournament in Trinidad
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors